Peel and stick vinyl squares for floor

Discussion in 'Flooring' started by SuzyD, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Mar 30, 2012
    SuzyD

SuzyD New Member

Has anyone used these before? If so, how easy were they to put down and did you have any problems with them coming up later on? We are thinking of using these in our laundry room and was wanting to get some feedback about them. Thanks.

2. Mar 30, 2012
    Yoohoo

Yoohoo New Member

I helped my mom put those down in her kitchen and they are very easy to install and looked pretty nice. I've never tried to pull any up, so I can't help you there.

3. Mar 30, 2012
    PlushPickens

PlushPickens New Member

My son and I put some down in our house one time, and they were fairly easy. Just make sure you measure accurately and according to instructions. They were a little hard to pick back up and adjust, so make sure you place them accurately. They were so sticky! We never had a problem with them coming up by themselves. Is that what you mean?

4. Mar 30, 2012
    fixerupper

fixerupper New Member

I am glad that I read this because I have thought about getting these as a cheap replacement flooring for our bathroom and front entryway. Both areas are fairly small and would be difficult to floor any other way.

5. Mar 31, 2012
    Howdie

Howdie New Member

These peel and stick tiles are okay for small jobs that you don't expect to last for very long. If you want the job to last awhile, it's far better to install a more permanent type of flooring. At best, they are like women's cosmetics. They have to be redone fairly often to stay fresh looking.

6. Mar 31, 2012
    JenP

JenP New Member

It all depends - they are easy to put down if you have a square floor. They do come up easily though. We heat with a wood stove and it's in the basement. I think the heat makes them pop up from time to time. You also don't want to get them too wet. I found out that leaving the floor too wet makes them come up too!

7. Apr 1, 2012
    SuzyD

SuzyD New Member

Well thank all of you for you replies. This is a small room that we want to use them in so we might go ahead and give them a try.

8. Apr 1, 2012
    hammers

hammers New Member

Be sure to measure really good with each new tile you lay down. You don't want any cracks in between them. Also be sure you have a good cutter to cut them - I once snipped the end of my thumb off when cutting them. I was in a hurry and not careful.