Ants and screen window

Discussion in 'General Interior Repair Discussion' started by Robbie, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Mar 27, 2012
    Robbie

Robbie New Member

I have ants coming in through my window all the time. The screen fits properly, but they still get in. Is there anything I can do to stop them besides spraying all the time?

2. Mar 28, 2012
    hammers

hammers New Member

How are they getting in I wonder? There has to be a tear in the screen or an opening big enough for them to get in. You could try sprinkling that ant powder outside of that window. Perhaps that will keep them out.

3. Mar 28, 2012
    Darla

Darla New Member

I have heard that many home remedies will help get rid of the ants. I am not sure if this works but baby powder, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper are all things that ants do not like crossing. I used this certain kind of spray that you could use indoors, but they still came back a month later.

4. Mar 28, 2012
    Howdie

Howdie New Member

We tried everything for ants and could not, for the life of us, get rid of the pesky thing. We have our house sprayed periodically for spiders and insects, so I asked if they sprayed for ants. They not only sprayed, but they found their trails and wiped out a bunch of their nests. It was well worth the money we spent. No sprays would touch these suckers.

5. Mar 31, 2012
    Robbie

Robbie New Member

Okay, I'll try sprinkling ant powder or try a home remedy first, outside my window. I was trying to avoid hiring an exterminator, but I may have no choice. I'm so sick of ants! There are no holes in my screen or anything. I keep looking and looking for one. Thanks everyone for your ideas!