What is the best carpet cleaning machine?

Discussion in 'General Interior Repair Discussion' started by connor, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Nov 12, 2011
    connor

connor New Member

What is the best in home carpet cleaning machine? I like the idea of purchasing my own machine to clean as often as I like, but would like more feedback about brands or models I should stay away from.

Thanks!

2. Mar 14, 2012
    Robbie

Robbie New Member

We have a Hoover Spin Scrub 50 heated cleaning machine. We just love it. We bought it about a year ago. It does a superb cleaning job and is remarkably easy to operate. Whether it is the best one on the market, I can't say, but we are extremely happy with it.

davison likes this.
  3. Apr 3, 2012
    Fryar

Fryar New Member

We have a couple of rugs that need cleaning. They are actually made from bound carpet and laid down over our hardwood floors. I figured I'd just call in a company to pick them up and clean them when they got dirty. Is it worth it to store yet another cleaning machine? I think I'd rather have the space.

4. Apr 4, 2012
    Yoohoo

Yoohoo New Member

I just rent the RugDoctor from the grocery store. Come to think of it, that's the only carpet cleaner brand I have ever seen for rent. I suppose they must be really durable.

5. Apr 6, 2012
    Robbie

Robbie New Member

Actually YooHoo, we have rented the RugDoctor in the past and it did an excellent job. I can't remember what it cost us though. I know it wasn't hugely expensive, or else we would not have rented it. Connor, this is another convenient option.

6. Aug 22, 2013
    DalfinaAlex

DalfinaAlex New Member

The Hoover SteamVac with Clean Surge F5914-900 has a 12-amp motor that powers five spinning brushes is a best carpet cleaner.

7. Sep 17, 2013
    Canesisters

Canesisters Member

I leave the lab unsupervised ... if she thinks no one is watching she will lick at a stain till I start to fear she's going to lick the carpet bare.
    [​IMG]