Wallpaper or Not?

Discussion in 'Painting and Interior Design' started by Farrahcat, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Jan 20, 2007
    Farrahcat

Farrahcat New Member

I'm renovating my room next month. I have never used wallpaper before. I saw some cool wallpaper patterns the other day. I'm thinking of buying for my room. Is it expensive? I have a fairly small room. It's just 3 square meters.

I have 2 small dogs. Do you think they'll just tear the wallpaper apart?

2. Sep 24, 2007
    kav

kav New Member

I think wall paper is great way of changing the tone and appearance of your room, without getting into too much expense. I am sure you have already done some work but this may assist someone else. Wallpaper is not expensive and does not take a professional to do it.

3. Aug 15, 2008
    eleet34

eleet34 New Member

Personally I think paint is easy and not that expensive. I really don't like wallpaper.

4. Mar 11, 2012
    hammers

hammers New Member

Wallpaper is very easy to put up - you just need to make sure you have the tools ready. You also need to make sure you have clean dry walls first. Do your dogs dig the walls now? If they do, then you won't want to use wallpaper. If they don't dig them now I doubt they would when you redo your room.

5. Mar 11, 2012
    JenP

JenP New Member

I agree with hammers, if your dogs don't bother with the walls now they won't with wallpaper on them. I like wallpaper too or at least wall border. I love it when a wall is painted and then a border is put up. There are many types of wallpaper now. I would go with the kind you have to submerge in water to get the paste working.

6. Apr 19, 2012
    PlushPickens

PlushPickens New Member

I like to use wallpaper to accent just one wall and paint the remaining. There is such an excellent selection of uncommonly pretty wallpaper nowadays. I have never heard of a dog digging at walls before. They usually dig your yard up. I agree with hammers. I do not think you'll have a problem with that.

7. Apr 24, 2020
    Kinny

Kinny New Member

You better know your dogs))) I would not stick wallpaper.