Home Window Siding

Discussion in 'Roofing and Siding' started by Rey Smith, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Oct 29, 2015
    Rey Smith

Rey Smith New Member

This is more a style/redesign question than a how to ask. We are in the procedure of having our windows changed in our house. First off, we have 10 - 46" rectangle windows in our house. We initially placed the transaction for dual set up windows for all of them. However, we were informed nowadays, after putting this purchase about 4 several weeks ago, that we can not have this dimension screen in our rooms, which are all on the second floor of our house and that we have to have slider because of the control. If we don't substitute those with sliders, because of control, we'd have to have a bigger screen, which would need a bigger starting being designed for each of the three rooms.

The sliders can be grandfathered in because that's what's in there now. So, we can't have a design modify without splitting code controls. We'd still really like to have the dual set up windows set up on our primary ground, but seeing we are needed to keep the design we have upper level as the slider, we'll just have to do what we have to do.

My doubt is this: Style vs. design, how typical is it for people to have two different designs of windows in their homes? Or getting services from a American Choice a good one.

Significance dual hung on one ground and sliders on the other floor. I seriously do NOT want sliders throughout my whole house, but will believe the fact that protection first when it comes to the rooms. I don't think it would look bad or unusual, but that's just my viewpoint.

Ideas? Opinions? Thank you!!

2. Nov 2, 2015
    Smart Red

Smart Red Member

Hi, and welcome to the forum, Rey.

Pictures really help us 'see' the problem/solution if possible. For example, I am having a hard time picturing 48 inch rectangular windows. Are they square rather than rectangular? (yes, squares are rectangles, but specific in dimensions.) You are talking about the whole window being 48 inches, not each sash?

You currently have slide bys on the whole house? You want to install double-hung windows? Local code defines the size of screen allowed on upper floor windows?

It seems to me that a double-hung would have the same square inch screen space as a slide by, just configured differently. I don't understand exactly why there should be an issue with screen size in that event, but when playing with "the enforcers" you play by their codes.

As long as you are consistent with the windows on each floor, I don't think there would be a visual problem mixing the window types. I have no experience or knowledge of "American Choice" as window contractors/installers.

3. Nov 5, 2015
    Rose Martin

Rose Martin New Member

That was a real problem if you have different designs of windows. You will get a lot of repairs someday if you will sell your house. Most buyers today is looking more on designs.

But, if security and protection is what we're talking about then you will have no choice.

Just have the right window repair company to do that things.