Hard water spots

Discussion in 'Kitchen and Bath' started by JenP, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Mar 18, 2012
    JenP

JenP New Member

It's almost like a lime that is getting in my shower. I know it's from hard water. I've tried lime away and CLR cleaner and nothing is working. What can I use to get the stains off the shower walls?

2. Mar 19, 2012
    Darla

Darla New Member

My uncle cleans and repairs houses for the local rental houses. He told me straight bleach sprayed in the shower will clean it. Just let it stay there for fifteen minutes, and make sure your bathroom is well ventilated. It has worked for me many times. I have also had good luck with the Scrub n Bubbles shower foam. I was amazed at the tub stains that it completely removed!

3. Mar 19, 2012
    Howdie

Howdie New Member

I use Scrubbin' Bubbles and then follow it with a soaking of bleach, but I never mix the two chemicals. I also use Zud or Comet cleanser and let it stand. Sometimes it does take off the stains.

4. Mar 20, 2012
    Robbie

Robbie New Member

I also use Scrubbing Bubbles. That stuff is a miracle worker to me, and it works very well on hard water deposits. I never even scrub my tub anymore. I just spray it on, leave it for about 5-10 minutes, then rinse. It sure saves my back.

5. Mar 25, 2012
    JenP

JenP New Member

I already use Scrubbing bubbles and it is not working. I'm thinking this is a lime problem or something similar because of our water. I will try straight bleach though. Thanks for the tip.

6. Mar 26, 2012
    Robbie

Robbie New Member

Wow. I have never heard of lime deposits being that difficult to remove. We use to have a chemical company near us in the previous town we lived in. They specialized in removing difficult stains and odors. This is the only other option I can think of, if the bleach doesn't work either.

7. Apr 19, 2012
    Fryar

Fryar New Member

When we have really stubborn material to get off, we have some success with a sponge and that Zud cleanser combined with a lot of elbow grease. It sounds too simple, but it works when nothing else will.

8. Apr 19, 2012
    Yoohoo

Yoohoo New Member

Sometimes CLR will work for me, but sometimes it doesn't. I sympathize though, as I have deposits on my kitchen and bath fixtures that I just can't get off either.

9. Sep 12, 2013
    so lucky

so lucky New Member

I use a product in my dishwasher called Lemishine for hard water. I have found that a paste made of it and a little water works miracles for getting off hard water stains from chrome faucets, bath tub, vases with a water ring, what ever. It's just really strong citric acid. You have to let it sit and soak for a few minutes. The only thing I haven't gotten it to remove is an old hard water stain ring from the toilet. I'm about ready to throw the toilet out the window!

10. Sep 18, 2013
    Canesisters

Canesisters Member

Try powder laundry detergent. I have no idea why it works, but it's taken stuff off my shower walls when NOTHING else will. I take an old dish and pour some laundry powder in it, then dip a small brush in water and in the powder. Then scrub. It's amazing how fast and easy it works.
    ***RINSE WELL!!!!!!!*** Nothing quite like steping into a slippery shower at 4:00am......

11. Sep 21, 2013
    Judy

Judy New Member

We have very hard water, and I wouldn't want to live without my Lime-Eater. It's made by Descale-it: http://www.descale-it.com/public_html/index.html Amazon carries it, too, of course. I ordered it some time ago from Seventhgeneration, an older "green" products company. Eats toilet bowl rings in about 20 minutes if you prop the ball so the bowl doesn't fill with water. Unclogs the shower head.

12. Feb 5, 2015
    TMulhern

TMulhern New Member

Try 100% white vinegar. Spray it on and let it penetrate the hard water stain and then wipe off with towel. We had lots of water mineral deposits on a shower head and soaking in vinegar worked like magic!