Different themes for different rooms

Discussion in 'Painting and Interior Design' started by JenP, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Mar 25, 2012
    JenP

JenP New Member

How many people have 1 theme or "look" throughout their whole house? I'm all about style but I like different "looks". My living room is "country", the bathrooms are "sleek" and I have not figured out what to do with the kitchen yet. How about you?

2. Mar 25, 2012
    SuzyD

SuzyD New Member

I generally like to go with one theme/look throughout the house. I may go with different colors for some of the rooms but if I want to go country I will stick with that for all the rooms, etc.

3. Mar 25, 2012
    hammers

hammers New Member

We stuck with the same theme too - ours is country too. I love the look - its a lived in comfy look. I would think that your house would look confused.... :) Seriously if you like it, why not put a different theme in every room.

4. Mar 25, 2012
    Fryar

Fryar New Member

We have a home where a certain style is evident. It's somewhere between traditional and contemporary. What ties it all together is our using a certain color palette throughout. We go with blues, greens, reds, and yellows with taupe and white as neutral colors. All our paintings, draperies, window treatments and rugs fall somewhere in this palette.

5. Apr 13, 2012
    Robbie

Robbie New Member

I like my house to be pretty much uniform through out. I like contemporary and streamlined modern. I pick different colors of paint that go well together. But it is your house so use any theme that YOU like!

6. Apr 15, 2012
    JenP

JenP New Member

Looks like we are the odd family out! I really like different themes. I have used the same theme throughout before and it was okay too but I like it better this way.

7. Nov 10, 2016
    RalphXhoff

RalphXhoff New Member

I have got just one theme for the whole except for the bathroom. Having a different themes is something really good as you can smell a new aroma in each room.

8. Jan 18, 2017
    Kristi Ambrose

Kristi Ambrose New Member

Most of my house in Pittsburgh is modern. I tend to like the cleaner lines, natural materials, the colors that modern decor brings, etc. On the other hand, our home in Florida is, well, I guess its modern, but its also a little coastal too - minus the pastels lol. SMH. I don't get that whole FL pastel thing but hey to each their own lol.

9. Apr 6, 2017
    Smart Red

Smart Red Member

I have a different theme in each of my garden rooms so I see no problem with having different themes in the house if that is what you want. My Spouse didn't like lots of 'things' in a room or on the walls. Daughter-in-law likes to show off her artwork, much of which is composition art, on mantles, tables, walls, etc.

I wonder how everything will go together as she gets moved in.

10. Aug 7, 2019
    Kamnera

Kamnera New Member

If you could pick any theme for a 4x game besides the following three themes that it seems all 4x games fall into: Civ/all of history, space, high fantasy; what theme would you like to see, and/or think would make an interesting game environment, and why?

11. Oct 12, 2019
    TammyMowry

TammyMowry New Member

I would customize or just like mix all the themes together and go with that all through the house. My home painted with light colors and my kitchen is mediterranean.