Cost of pond?

Discussion in 'Pools, Ponds, and Fountains' started by ljk19, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Jan 4, 2007
    ljk19

ljk19 New Member

I am thinking about maybe starting up a pond in my backyard, but I have no idea where to begin or how much this would even cost. Has anyone done this in their backyard and can give me a ballpark figure of how much it costed them? Thanks so much!

2. Jan 14, 2007
    my_lil_hamma

my_lil_hamma New Member

I've seen some reasonably priced ones at Lowe's ...and on occasion they put them on sale which is a huge savings. Depending on what size and what theme you want to use, I'd say $300. would get a nice fountain going and a few accessories.
    The solor panels can be purchased for around $30. to $40. which really make it nice to have them lighted virtually for pennies.

3. Jan 20, 2007
    wayne

wayne New Member

The sky really is the limit for ponds. Generally depending on size of course as this will dictate what size of pump you will need and surface area of pond liner or plastic mould.
    You will need a pump to circulate the water otherwise the water will turn green and stagnant.
    Water features on the other hand can be very effective in a garden even just with a fountain splashing down onto pebbles and soft lighting. I would say the $300 would be about right for a small feature.