Any Remodelers Here?

Discussion in 'Kitchen and Bath' started by ArtisanKitchensWV, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Aug 20, 2015
    ArtisanKitchensWV

ArtisanKitchensWV New Member

Just wondering if this board had mostly DIY'fers or if there were some professionals lurking about. Either way excited to be a part of the community. Do ya'll have any pictures of recent projects?

2. Aug 20, 2015
    Smart Red

Smart Red Member

Welcome to the RemodelForum, ArtisanKitchensWV! We/I am a DIY'fer. DH used to build professionally before we met (46 years ago) and I credit him with everything I know. Dad was also a DIY'fer. I credit him with learning all the wrong ways to do things that end up (mostly) working.

Son builds furniture professionally, but helps us with all the DIY tasks owning rental property entail now that DS is less able to do the work.

No really current DIY projects going on, but I do have plans for a (portable) chicken coop in the near future. Any buildings on a foundation are taxed so I found an old trailer (6 x 8) for my newest addition. Wheels are the answer!

May I presume you do cabinet work? Around here, kitchens and bathrooms are the most often worked rooms and new cabinets are a part of every rehab. Next week we'll be tearing up a bathroom to replace the floor, toilet, and sink. A new vanity is part of the deal. DS has it made already even though oak is a bit of a waste in the small rental unit we're working on. . . . I do the finishing.

Daniel martin likes this.